Literacy Volunteers of Southwest Minnesota seeks friendly, patient volunteer tutors to help adult learners improve their reading, writing, English and/or math skills. Classroom volunteers work under the direction of a licensed teacher in a classroom or small group setting.
If you are 18 or older and can speak, read, and write English well, we can train you to be a tutor.
As a classroom tutor, you will:
- Share your skills with other adults
- Receive pre-service orientation and training
- Receive ongoing support from an experienced teacher
- Get to know people from around the world
- Celebrate success together
Classes begin in August. For more information contact Charlotte: